DVLA and Environment Agency approved End of Life Vehicle Specialists
Fred Lloyd & Sons Ltd is an Authorised Treatment Facility (A.T.F.) licensed by the Environment Agency to de-pollute scrap vehicles to make them safe to be further processed.
In 2004, following an inspection by DVLA and Environment Agency, Fred Lloyd & Sons Ltd became an A.T.F. This enables us to process scrap vehicles (E.L.V.) to remove pollutants and make them safe following a strict disposal procedure.
- The scrap vehicle is accepted onto the site following production of the V5 Certificate (log book/ registration document).
- All hazardous fuels and liquids are drained into storage containers for future disposal.
- The battery is removed and stored before sending for further recycling.
- The wheels are removed and stored prior to further processing and recycling.
- The engine is removed and stored before being further processed for recycling.
- The resultant safe vehicle is then processed using a scrap metal baler and sent for recycling at a shredding plant where the resultant materials will be sent for re-use.
All scrap vehicles are issued with a Certificate of Destruction following this disposal procedure.
For more information contact us by telephone on 01495 762611 or email email@example.com.